Local Lions Clubs and other trained volunteers provide free health screenings for schools, the general public at health fairs, retirement homes, and businesses. The Foundation has portable screening technology to provide both hearing and vision screenings. If your organization has an event coming up and would like to reserve our equipment, please review the Screening Reservation Process below.
Over the years, the Lions have provided thousands of free health screenings to children, the elderly, and community members who are struggling with financial hardships. Foundation services remain free to community members through donations and volunteered time. Donations to the Idaho Lions Sight and Hearing Foundation may be earmarked for the Community Health Screening program, 100% of your donation would assist community members see, hear, and live better.
Screening Reservation Process
- Find a local Lions Club or Lions Facilitator to coordinate with the school/organization, this person will be responsible for communication and event details with the Vision Coordinator.
- Look through Screening Calendar (see link at the bottom of the page) for potential availability
- Once a date has been decided upon fill out and submit the
- Choose one of the following ways to submit the Screening Reservation Form
- Email to the Vision Coordinator: email@example.com
- Fax completed forms to: 208.338.6543
- Mail to: Idaho Lions Sight and Hearing Foundation at 1090 N Cole Rd., Boise, ID 83704
- After completed forms have been received and assessed, the Vision Coordinator will add the event to the Screening Calendar.
- Communication with the Coordinator is key, please make sure to keep them informed on any event changes or additions
- The event Facilitator must contact the Vision Coordinator one week prior to the event to confirm and check in on details
If your Lions Club is interested in being trained on Foundation equipment or would like more information about the technology used for community screenings, please contact the Vision Coordinator by email or by calling the Foundation office at 208.338.5466.