Idaho Lions Eye Bank
Lions Mobile Health Screening Unit
Eyeglass Recycling / Hearing Aid Bank
Personal Health Care Grant Assistance
• The Idaho Lions Eye Bank - The eye bank obtains, medically evaluates, and distributes eye tissue from humanitarian indiviudals who donate their eyes upon death. The donated eyes are used to restore sight to those afflicted with blindess through corneal transplantation and scleral grafting. Donated eyes may also be used for research when applicable.
• Lions Mobile Screening Unit - The unit provides free health screenings for visual acuity, Glaucoma, blood pressure, hearing and diabetes. The unit is available for school screenings, health fairs and corporate screenings.
• Eyeglass Recycling Program - The Idaho-Eastern Oregon Lions Foundation collects and re-distributes used eyeglasses. The eyeglasses are recycled through Lions volunteers hosting optical missions in developing countries.
• Personal Assistance Program - The Foundation helps hundreds of individuals annually by providing financial assistance for sight and hearing needs to those who are financially disadvantaged.
• Hearing Aid Bank - The Foundation collects used hearing aids. The hearing aids are refurbished and individually fitted to citizens in need.
• Diabetes Awareness - The Foundation provides public awareness for Diabetes, the 6th leading cause of death. The Foundation sponsors several different Diabetes Events including a "Strides" walk in support of Idaho Diabetes Youth Programs and Camp Hodia.